We focus on doing only what we do best.
Best PRINCE2 training – when and where you need it
Looking for the best PRINCE2 training?
Will your project bring you a benefit? Are you sure? How will you know?
PRINCE2 can help you answer these questions. Before you throw scarce resources into play.
Choose your PRINCE2 training provider in 7 steps using our Hopscotch Checklist
When you know you need PRINCE2 training, you obviously aim for getting the best PRINCE2 training available on the market.
But we think you´ll agree, it can be REALLY HARD to choose a PRINCE2® training provider. Their numbers have as good as exploded, and the offer of courses is HUGE.
The good news here is that thanks to the rigours of AXELOS courseware licensing and PEOPLECERT trainer certification processes, accredited training providers can generally be relied upon to offer a quality service.
Nevertheless, choosing one remains a torture. And a judgement error can cost you time and money.
You will most likely be spared all troubles when using our own Best-PRINCE2-Training Hopscotch Checklist
Remember, “Earth” is at the bottom.
Right at the start, here comes the best part:
1. As all PRINCE2® training programmes base on the official PRINCE2 Guidance “Managing Successful Project with PRINCE2” (6th Edition), their content is by and large similar.
You can get some detailed information about the topics covered and the angle from which they are considered from the below syllabus of our course version.
To be precise, it is not exactly ours. As an accredited Affiliate, we use the award-winning courseware developed by Insights. This company is one of the original dinosaurs that got involved with PRINCE2 at the time of its creation and we are proud to be associated with them.
However, while accredited course materials of different training providers do have to cover the requisite topics of PRINCE2 principles, themes and process, trainers know how to add a bit of their own flavour to course delivery. So, it´s not all plain vanilla.
Our focus is on preparation for exams. As a consequence, delegates get an opportunity to do the mock exams in class. Which means, in a setting and under time pressure that simulates the actual exam environment. We also devote plenty of time to mock reviews. That´s how we teach delegates to apply abductive reasoning. Candidates tell us that this element of learning is particularly helpful in developing their “PRINCE2 personas”.
FlexiLern is a member of the Aspect Quality Training Providers Association, striving to uphold the high quality standards of professional training.
2. Training providers want you to pay for the course as early as possible, weeks or sometimes months in advance. Before making a commitment, be sure to read the small print related to their refund policies. It is not unusual that in case you cancel your place on the course, a course organizer will be entitled to keeping your money.
It is often VERY DIFFICULT to keep a commitment for dates that are months away. We at FlexiLern understand it. That’s why our refund policy ensures that in case you have no choice but to bail out, you won´t loose any of the money you’ve advanced us. See here for details. Terms and Conditions of Sales
3. Among PRINCE2® training providers, there is a growing number of transnational businesses. They run courses as assembly lines and churn delegates out by the thousand. To be sure, it’s great business for them. But in our opinion it is hardly the best way to groom the pick of PM professionals. FlexiLern follows a different approach.
We are small. Because we feel, small is good. In a market dominated by conveyor-belt training, we strive to preserve the tradition of hand assembly. The professional education that we offer can best be described as bespoke.
Useful to know all that, right?
But that was only half of the wisdom we are willing to share.
Let’s continue with the tour of your benefits from using our PM Training Hopscotch Checklist.
4. Customers interested in PM training face a bit of a dilemma. Among those who rank on the first page for PRINCE2® training, quite a few get their core business from all kinds of IT-related training. A fair number of other first-page rankings claim expertise in a dozen fields unrelated to project management. These can range from social media and fashion through insurance and tax all the way to telecoms and sales.
On the other hand, small specialist providers of PRINCE2 training rarely rank on the top pages. As they are much harder to find, generalists tend to scoop the market.
In reality, though, these are just variations of business models. Generalists use their dominant position in the rankings to charge a premium price and contract trainers from specialist companies to actually deliver the training. From the client´s point of view, they get trained by the same specialists but pay a mark-up on the price.
We prefer to concentrate on doing only what we do best. With two decades of experience in project management, we only offer courses in the PRINCE2® project management method. We feel that´s what we do best. At least one of generalist behemoths agrees.
5. Big training providers tend to offer courses for registration at every conceivable location, often on a periodic basis. But only a few would offer some kind of refund in case they cancel a course or reschedule it to run at a different location, for any reason at all.
We schedule courses exclusively on demand. At locations preferred by clients and on the dates of their choosing. So far, we have NEVER cancelled a course or switched it to a different location.
And now, here comes the cherry on the cake:
we offer only classroom courses.
Well, and Virtual Instructor-Led Training, too, when there is no way around it.
This is our conscious choice based on our experience. To sum up, key elements of learning involve discussion, dispute and, above all, the sharing of experiences. And these can only take place in a real group. Likewise, learning is most effective in a live group because this setting is challenging and motivating at the same time. Therefore our groups include between 5 and 12 delegates. This size is optimal for maximizing the advantages offered by group dynamics.
Group courses are also typically more time-efficient. Delegates make a firm commitment. And are thus relieved from the grip of day-to-day priorities that compete for their attention.
Don’t look for cheap. Your true win is value for money.
6. Shop for prices. Higher-ranking course organizers will be more expensive then those less prominent on search engines. By the way, company ranking does not guarantee a better quality standard. It only guarantees that big bucks have been spent on SEO. And guess who will be used to recover them? Spot on, it will be you.
One smart way to shop is by checking listings of professional associations like Aspect, which offer a shortcut to specialist training providers.
FlexiLern courses are certainly,not cheap. Just like nothing else about us is cheap. But we strive to keep our prices affordable. Our most attractive prices apply to groups starting from eight delegates. We will aim to offer even lower prices to clients who need to train 50 or more delegates, including at different locations.
7. Besides, participation in our PRINCE2 course is not truly an expense. It´s more of an investment made with a firm expectation of a return for your company and its people. After all, the past two and a half decades proved that PRINCE2 projects are less risky, more successfull and more likely to result in realization of the desired benefits.
We are sure that next time you use our PM training Hopscotch Checklist, your choice will be wise.
Solely our customers and the urgency of their requirements determine dates of our seminars. Here is how it works.