Here you’ll find full detail of the 21 course topics included in our accredited PRINCE2 course.
But first, what are the key benefits of learning PRINCE2 ?
Our PRINCE2 courses are not rocket science.
In the times of the economy ailing from COVID19, taking PRINCE2 courses is not an option any more.
It´s a must. It´s your lifeline.
Nowadays, an investment in PRINCE2 training is not only about the efficiency of change management. Or the effectiveness of project delivery. Or simply doing a better job.
Think about this:
Successful project managers do two things really well.
One, they are natural-born communicators. Two, many could double up as pilots.
You may be wondering: What is this funny opening all about? Am I being taken for a ride? What can project management have possibly in common with flying a plane?
If you come to think of it, quite a lot. Starting with something that lies at the very core of both skill sets – a structured method.
Follow the SOPs
For flying, it’s the aviation checkbook. For project management, it’s PRINCE2®.
The key idea behind both is the same – standard operating procedures.
Pilots follows them minutely through the different phases of a flight.
Members of a project team behave in much the same way. They lock into the project mode once the Starting Up a Project process commences. And take it to the end of the Closing a Project process by the book. Which means, in a logical, coherent, synchronized and efficient way.
And here comes the best part:
Some 1.7 million (a conservative estimate) professionals are certified in PRINCE 2®. They come from more than 20,000 organisations spread over 158 countries around the world. Passing the exam opens doors.
That’s not all. Each year numbers of accredited PRINCE2® practitioners grow by some 10 percent. А true indicator that PRINCE2® delivers what it promises.
Join the trend. Book a place on one of our PRINCE2 courses. Enter the future of project management.
As a matter of fact, there are two levels to PRINCE2 certification. Accordingly, we offer both PRINCE2® Foundation (find here the detailed description of all 20+ course topics) and Practitioner courses, run separately or together.
We´d recommend a combined Foundation+Practitioner course, what we call a Double Dip. This is by far the most popular training product culminating with The Exam.
In a classroom or face-to-face format, it will command your undivided concentration during five days. And that´s the end of it. Candidates take both Foundation and Practitioner exams DURING the course. Our training programme is set up in such a way that candidates sit for exams at the peak of their form.
In a virtual instructor-led training format, the combined course takes four weekdays. Or two consecutive weekends. The reason is, candidates are responsible for scheduling their exams individually AFTER the course. The tricky part here is not to succumb to procrastination.
Our PRINCE2 courses are always bundled with exams.
We do not offer courses without exams.
Or exams without courses.
- Real group training experience for the price of e-learning (or sometimes less)
- Course venue in-house or near by
- Course dates synchronized with your own schedule
- Highest standards of quality – we use award-winning accredited courseware and form part of the Aspect Quality Training Providers Association
- Small numbers, individual attention – groups are limited to 12 delegates
- All course materials, examinations and certificates included in the course price
So, PRINCE2® represents a structured project management method.
“Structured” implies “repeatable”.
That in itself offers PRINCE2® adepts a big advantage. Instead of reinventing the wheel for each project, an organisational method needs to be set up only once. Project managers just need to apply it.
It´s a bit similar in concept to reusable space launch systems. All or some components can be recovered and reused. That shaves mega-bucks and kilo-hours off space mission projects. In the same vein, the use of PRINCE2® can lead to huge savings, too.
PRINCE2® has not been INVENTED. It has been DISCOVERED. Based on the foundation of experience drawn from countless projects.
And over the past three decades thousands of organisations have adopted it.
- Small and medium-sized businesses.
- Multinational corporations.
- International organisations.
- Public services.
And all these thousands of entities run hundreds of thousands of projects that employ millions. Which means that (drumroll) they need PRINCE2®-qualified people to fill roles on their project management teams. Gosh, what an amazing surprise!
Is that a sufficient argument for queuing up to get PRINCE2® training, or what?
True, PRINCE2® training is not exactly cheap. But look at what you get in return.
- Transferable skills that can boost your market value.
- A globally recognised PRINCE2 Practitioner certification that vacancy notices define at least as an advantage. And more and more often, as a requisite.
- With the knowledge of best practice in project management comes a boost in on-the-job confidence and performance.
Paying for the PRINCE2 training is not spending money. It´s investing in your own self. With a prospect of earning a terrific return on your investment.
Is it a smashing proposition, or what?
To help you glean what PRINCE2 is, here are some of its salient features.
In a nutshell, PRINCE2® embraces the planning, delegating, directing, managing and control of all project aspects. The purpose is to produce the clearly defined and agreed project product that will realize expected benefits.
The seven PRINCE2 principles that form the basis of a PRINCE2 project include:
- Continued business justification.
- Learn from experience.
- Defined roles and responsibilities.
- Manage by stages.
- Manage by exception.
- Focus on products.
- Tailor to suit the project environment.
The tailoring principle is unique to PRINCE®2.
That´s what makes the method highly adaptable to specific organisational and project environments. Here are some benefits that tailoring brings.
- Ensures that the project management method and approach are fit for the project.
- Ensures that project team configuration and project controls match project complexity, scale, importance, risk and team capability.
- Allows to avoid the extremes of mechanistic and heroic approaches to project management.
Another principle exclusive to PRINCE® focuses on management by exception.
It frees the senior management from the burden of chores involved in project management. But they keep holding the project´s helm firmly regardless.
The management by exception principle is implemented through the concept of tolerances. They provide the basis for –
- Delegation of authority from one level of management down to the next.
- And escalation of deviations that exceed the agreed tolerances in the opposite direction.
An absolute minimum of invested time that still ensures full control, is that the perfect deal, or what?
Anyway, that was your first taste of PRINCE2®. A trailer, of sorts.
The full training experience including PRINCE2 Practitioner takes between four and five days.
Virtual Instructor-Led Training format is shorter as candidates take exams individually after completing the training.
The classical classroom or face-to-face format takes a day longer as candidates sit for exams in a group during the course.
So, to sum it all up, what is the appeal of PRINCE2®?
- Provides the essentials for successfully delivering projects of any size and complexity.
- Applies to a wide range of industries and public services.
- Offers a step-by-step guidance on how to achieve successful realization of a business case that serves as project basis.
- Separates management responsibilities from specialist product-related work.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner certification is respected globally. It aligns with internationally recognised quality standards related to project management.
We hope to meet you soon on one of our PRINCE2 courses!
And in the meantime, keep safe.
FlexiLernVA e.U., an Affiliate licensed by PeopleCert on behalf of AXELOS, runs PRINCE2 ® accredited courses in association with and using course materials of Insights, a PeopleCert Accredited Training Organisation.